Even though my eye balls are already saying ‘see ya’ to my eye sockets (don’t stare at your laptop screen for more than 7 hours in a row, kids), I still wanted to stare a bit longer and perhaps come up with a blog post. Because Monday.
For the past week I’ve been taking notes, whenever I remembered a category of people I like to refer to as ‘people I don’t trust’.
You can interpret it however you like (my dad said that I will most definitely offend at least one person). In my head, ‘a person I don’t trust’ means ‘this person doesn’t do a specific thing the same way I do it’ or ‘we have completely opposite stances with this person and, surprisingly, it’s not ok’. You know, when you’re on a date and he/she says something like ‘I hate dogs’. Boom! Red flag! I don’t trust this human. What is wrong with you? How can you hate dogs?
Anyways, this is not me pointing out a specific group of people, saying they shouldn’t be trusted. We have Donald Trump and his stance on racial minorities for that… All I’m saying is that you’ll get what I mean.
People I don’t trust
- People who don’t drink
- People who go out of their way to tell you that they don’t drink
- People who give you the stink eye/ pity stare when YOU drink
- People who say ‘I don’t need alcohol to have fun’
- People who enjoy working out
- People who don’t like sweets/chocolate/cake/doughnuts
- People who prefer tea to coffee
- People who put their clothes away right after they undress
- People who keep their house/ room/ desk neat and clean
- People who hate dogs (or animals in general… Cats are close to being an exception)
- People who jump from one relationship to another, never being single
- People who don’t swear
- People who tell you ‘It’s not lady like’ when YOU swear
- People who say they don’t like Venice because it smells like mold and dead fish…
- People who enjoy horror movies: the more dismemberment, blood and guts – the better
- People who never want to leave their home country
- People who buy fresh flowers once in a while and keep them in a clear Pinterest looking vase (random, I know)
- People who don’t listen to music… How do you exist?
- People who watch one episode per day and not binge watch the entire season. What’s your secret?
- People my age who have their shit together (obviously).
Gawd dammit, my eyes hurt… Is it Friday yet?