We all hated school at some point. However, when you’re faced with a Bachelor’s thesis that is due in less than two months, which will inevitably round up four years of uni… reminiscing about school seems so nice and fun and cozy. I got tagged to do the “School Tag” by Joe James and answer a couple of questions. Without further ado…
Here are the rules:
- Answer the questions,
- Tag other blogs to take part.
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
It differed throughout primary, secondary and high-school. That being said though, I’ve always been mad about English.
2. What was your least favorite subject in school?
I mean, from time to time, every subject seemed like a drag, but I remember specifically one subject in primary school that I not only loathed, but was genuinely afraid of. It was called “ОБЖ” which is an abbreviation for”Basics of Life Safety” or as I liked to call it HOW NOT TO DIE PAINFULLY IN CASE OF A FIRE OR A TORNADO. I’m sure it wasn’t as scary as I remember it, but I was an impressionable child and frankly, this subject gave me nightmares.
3. How many detentions did you get?
Erm.. I didn’t keep track, but substantially less than the guys in my class.
4. Were you a class rebel or a teacher’s pet?
I didn’t like breaking the rules, mostly because I would always get caught… but more importantly because of, you know, integrity and stuff…
5. What was your favorite year in school?
Maybe, grade 9, because I looked my best. Or, maybe grade 12 because there was less drama. It’s a tie.
6. What was your least favorite year in school?
I guess, grade 5. I left my primary school after grade 4 and, let’s just say, did not really get accepted at the new school.
7. Who was your first friend in school?
Ann, we used to play on the same swing since we were babies.
8. Your most vivid school memory?
Probably peeing my overalls in primary school during our obligatory morning exercises. The teacher didn’t let me use the bathroom, so I got pissed. Literally.
9. Who was your favorite teacher in school?
Our high-school physics teacher. He made the subject fascinating, which is why I chose it for my finals.
10. Who was your least favorite teacher in school?
That teacher who would randomly surprise us with a pop quiz. Looking at you, Ms. History Teacher.
11. Did you ever skip class?
I want to say yes, but the truth is, I wasn’t really a rebel. Whenever I did skip class, there was always a reason behind it.
12. What’s the biggest fad you had in school?
These were the first that came to mind. If you don’t count smoking behind the school of course…
13. Worst teacher joke ever?
So this was an inside joke throughout my high-school years. During a physics class, the teacher (another one) started power walking/dancing/wobbling on the spot. It looked something like this:
– “What am I doing?” she asked the class.
– “Incorrect! I am MOVING! I am a MOLECULE!” she finally proclaimed.
She has been famous ever since.
I now tag:
The Thought Buffet
Happy reminiscing 🙂